…And this is how you open the year with a bang, bibliophile-style. I went on another mad book-shopping spree for the holidays and to gear myself up for a more awesome 2012. Two of these books are written by some of my favourite authors of which I am dying to read more about, like Alice Hoffman and Emma Donoghue, while some are very intriguing finds. All in all, I’ve got nine promising books which will make the first month of my year spectacular.
Ah, nothing could possibly be wonderfully dorkier than this.
- Here on Earth, Alice Hoffman
- Your own, Sylvia, Stephanie Hemphill
- The Gardens of Kyoto, Kate Walbert
- Chain Mail, Hiroshi Ishizaki
- The Burn Journals, Brent Runyon
- Gilead, Marilynne Robinson
- Slammerkin, Emma Donoghue
- Anthem of a Reluctant Prophet, Joanne Proulx
- Open House, Patricia Williams